From the Salvation Army – Fox Cities
The Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region will match up to $35,000 of all community donations made at any of the 50 red kettles for The Salvation Army – Fox Cities today (Friday, Dec 16), 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. This is The Salvation Army’s largest match day of the Red Kettle campaign in the Fox Cities this year.
“We are happy to help so many people who want to leverage grant dollars from their charitable funds with the Community Foundation to provide this significant match amount at the red kettles,” said Curt Detjen, President and CEO of the Community Foundation. “It’s one example of how the Foundation helps its donors share in a way that can inspire others to give and make a positive difference, too.”
The $35,000 match offering comes from 17 donor funds within the Community Foundation:
- DeKeyser Family Fund
- Fred & Theo Grupe Charitable Fund
- Col. Harold L. and Esther Graef Hamilton Fund
- Joseph and Phyllis Linder Family Fund
- Mel W. and Dal C. Rausch Fund
- Alexander and Lucille Rudolf Family Fund
- George and Jessie Rushton Charitable Fund
- Salmon Foundation Fund for Salvation Army of the Fox Cities
- Winton A. and Ruth M. Schumaker Fund
- Helen and John Streur Fund
- Hugo F. and Vera M. Wimmer Family Fund
- Estelle Ray Reid Fund
- Elaine A. Ven Rooy and Donald Ristau Fund
- Frances A. Bachman and Joseph F. Bachman Charitable Fund
- Mowry Smith Charitable Fund
- Schmerein Family Fund
- Phyllis I. Wormwood Fund
The Salvation Army has a $1.25 million Christmas fund-raising goal for this year, which accounts for up to 60 percent of the local faith-based charity’s operating budget. These funds provide assistance to thousands of individuals in need this Christmas and throughout the year. The bells will go silent the afternoon of Dec. 24 in the Fox Valley.
In the Fox Cities, the Salvation Army is set to provide gifts, food and toys for some 1,835 family households, which includes some 4,278 children in need, along with 444 families sponsored by the public via the “Adopt-a-Family” program on Dec. 19, 20 and 21 to those families who pre-registered for this annual distribution.
During the 2015 Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region Match Day, more than $94,500 was generated.
Read our annual Report to the Community at www.cffoxvalley.org/CommunityReport.