Established in 1995, the Clintonville Area Foundation’s mission is to enhance and improve the social, cultural, educational, health and general well-being of people in the Clintonville area. It became a geographic affiliate of the Appleton, WI-based Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region in 2000. Grants from our community fund enhance and improve the social, cultural, educational, health and general well-being of the people in the Clintonville area.
Nominate a community volunteer for a Hero Award by July 31
SAVE THE DATE – September 23, 2017
“A Night in Tuscany” Fundraiser for the CAF Community Fund at Marion Body Works, Marion
In 2017, scholarships totaling $9,000 were awarded to (l-r): Nicole Seefeldt, Catherine Morse, Madelyn Didier, Taylor Zeinert, Ruchita Patel, Teressa Friedrich and Claudia Spreeman.
At left, Madelyn Didier receives her scholarship from CAF Chair Connie Carpenter.
Scholarships are available for Clintonville-area students, with most applications due March 1. Search for available scholarships
2017 Clintonville Area Foundation Scholarships
- SSG Warren Hansen Memorial Scholarship/Clintonville Foundation to Taylor Zeinert – $500
- Akey Family Scholarship to Ruchita Patel – $1,000
- David and Verna Kuschel Scholarship to Catherine Morse – $500
- Arno and Eleanor Olson Scholarship to Madelyn and Nicole Seefeldt – $1,000 each
- Carol Johnson Scholarship to Nicole Seefeldt – $2,000
- Joan Paulson Scholarship to Madelyn Didier – $1,000
- Walter and Mable Schultz Scholarship to Claudia Spreeman – $500
- Philip Jeske Memorial Scholarship to Claudia Spreeman – $500
- Jerry Wagenson Scholarship to Claudia Spreeman – $500
- Margaret Peeters Memorial Scholarship to Teressa Friedrich – $500
Most grants are awarded from charitable funds for which the donors recommend the nonprofit organization recipients. However, the CAF accepts applications annually by Dec. 15 from local nonprofit organizations for grants from the Clinvonville Area Foundation Community Fund Application process.
2017 Community Fund Grant recipients
Grants were presented Feb. 24. Photos by Jeff Hoffman.
Foundation Chairperson Connie Carpenter with Jodie Veleke, Clintonville Public School District, High School Principal Lance Bagstad, Clintonville School District Business Manager Lynette Edwards, Clintonville School District Board of Education President Jim Dins, and Supt. Tom O'Toole.
- Navarino Nature Center – $2,000 to purchase new trail grooming equipment for winter sports, including snowshoeing and cross country skiing, and to purchase new snowshoes and ski boots.
- CESA 8 – $2,800 to sponsor two Clintonville area teachers in the newly developed CESA 8 Career Academy Teacher Externship program.
- Clintonville Area Ambulance Service – $1,000 to purchase new portable battery powered suction units that maintain open airways in pediatric patients.
- Clintonville Public School District – $1,000 to provide high need items that are not being met by donations from the community to the High School Clothes Closet.
- Clintonville Public School District – $1,899 for set-up of and training for the new Graduation Requirement module.
- Girls Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes, Inc. – $2,000 to support a membership engagement initiative in the Clintonville area, which will provide a new volunteer system, a redesigned website platform, and a focused service-driven staffing model to recruit, retain and recognize volunteer troop leaders.
Individuals, families and organizations establish charitable funds with us to give back to the community in ways that help others today and for future generations. It’s easy to start a fund with a gift of cash, stock, real estate or almost any asset. We can help you plan a gift that meets your charitable goals. View a list of our charitable funds.
Did You Know…
You can plan for a future charitable gift today by naming us in your will? If you make this or another type of “planned” gift, we would be honored to welcome you into the Himebaugh Legacy Circle.
Connie Carpenter – Chair
Joanne Doornink – Vice Chair
Kathy Mitchell – Treasurer
Kathy Akey – Secretary
Robert Van Asten
Phone: 920-803-1290 (Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region office)
Mail: P.O. Box 244, Clintonville, WI, 54929-0244