Established in 1995, the Clintonville Area Foundation’s mission is to enhance and improve the social, cultural, educational, health and general well-being of people in the Clintonville area. It became a geographic affiliate of the Appleton, WI-based Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region in 2000. Grants from our community fund strengthen the Clintonville area.
Read our 2018 Community Report!
Most grants are awarded from charitable funds for which the donors recommend the nonprofit organization recipients. However, the CAF accepts applications annually by Dec. 1 from local nonprofit organizations for grants from the Clintonville Community Fund. Learn about the grant application process here.
2018 Community Fund Grant recipients
- Clintonville Area Swim Team – $5,000 toward the purchase of a new scoreboard for the Clintonville Recreation Center pool.
- CESA 8 – $1,250 to sponsor two Clintonville-area teachers in the CESA 8 Career Academy Teacher Externship program.
- Clintonville Area Ambulance Service – $1,250 to provide supplies for a flu vaccine clinic to provide free flu shots to local residents.
- Clintonville Goodfellows Association – $1,000 to purchase food and gifts for children for the annual Goodfellows holiday distribution.
- Clintonville Police Department – $3,000 to fund the purchase, training and care of a K-9 patrol in the City of Clintonville after the unexpected loss of former K-9, Chero.
- Clintonville Public Schools-Rexford Longfellow Elementary – $3,000 to provide a class set of heart rate monitors to be used by students in grades K-4 to help them get excited about and better understand their personal fitness.
- Navarino Nature Center – $2,000 to create a natural playscape area at the nature center for young children to explore nature, their imagination and senses.
- Safe Haven Domestic Abuse Support Center – $2,500 to support the costs of furnishing a bedroom and the installation of new security equipment as part of a building expansion.
Read full story
In 2017, scholarships totaling $9,000 were awarded to (l-r): Nicole Seefeldt, Catherine Morse, Madelyn Didier, Taylor Zeinert, Ruchita Patel, Teressa Friedrich and Claudia Spreeman.
At left, Madelyn Didier receives her scholarship from CAF Chair Connie Carpenter.
Scholarships are available for Clintonville-area students, with most applications due March 1. Search for available scholarships
2017 Clintonville Area Foundation Scholarships
- SSG Warren Hansen Memorial Scholarship/Clintonville Foundation to Taylor Zeinert – $500
- Akey Family Scholarship to Ruchita Patel – $1,000
- David and Verna Kuschel Scholarship to Catherine Morse – $500
- Arno and Eleanor Olson Scholarship to Madelyn and Nicole Seefeldt – $1,000 each
- Carol Johnson Scholarship to Nicole Seefeldt – $2,000
- Joan Paulson Scholarship to Madelyn Didier – $1,000
- Walter and Mable Schultz Scholarship to Claudia Spreeman – $500
- Philip Jeske Memorial Scholarship to Claudia Spreeman – $500
- Jerry Wagenson Scholarship to Claudia Spreeman – $500
- Margaret Peeters Memorial Scholarship to Teressa Friedrich – $500
Individuals, families and organizations establish charitable funds with us to give back to the community in ways that help others today and for future generations. It’s easy to start a fund with a gift of cash, stock, real estate or almost any asset. We can help you plan a gift that meets your charitable goals. View a list of our charitable funds.
Did You Know…
You can plan for a future charitable gift today by naming us in your will? If you make this or another type of “planned” gift, we would be honored to welcome you into the Himebaugh Legacy Circle.
Joanne Doornink – Chair
DuWayne Federwitz – Vice Chair
Robert Van Asten – Treasurer
Kathy Akey – Secretary
Phone: 920-830-1290 (Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region office)
Mail: P.O. Box 244, Clintonville, WI, 54929-0244