The Chilton Area Community Foundation recently awarded $74,647 in grants from the Chilton Area Community Foundation Fund to 17 nonprofit organizations to improve quality of life in the greater Chilton area.
The foundation was founded in 2001 with a mission to enhance the quality of life for the people of the greater Chilton area. It is one of our five geographic affiliate partners. Individuals, families, businesses, and organizations establish charitable funds to make a difference the Chilton community in ways that help others today and for future generations.
The foundation designated three $10,000 grants to: Greater Fox Cities Area Habitat for Humanity for its Chilton Rock the Block initiative; Samaritan Counseling Center of the Fox Valley for its Thrive Calumet Counseling program; and the Matt Kolbe Memorial Foundation, Inc. for building an inclusion-friendly playground at Nenning Park.
Other nonprofits receiving grants include:
- Community Clothes Closet: $5,000 to help bring its Traveling Closet to Chilton.
Crossfire Ranch, Inc.: $5,000 for equine youth mentoring for the Chilton area.
- LEAVEN, Inc: $5,000 for Chilton Housing & Utility Assistance.
- New Hope Center: $5,000 for its InnerAct Summer Camp.
- Chilton Public Library: $4,947 for Sharing Our Stories oral history project.
- REACH-A-child: $4,500 to purchase children’s books for First Responders.
- Exceptional Equestrians: $3,500 for Hippotherapy 2023.
- CHPS-Chilton Public School District: $3,000 for its Screenless Coding for Elementary Students program.
- Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass: $2,100 for Chilton area students to attend its Fox Valley Area High School Glass Experiences and Exhibition.
Chilton Elementary and Middle School Libraries: $2,000 for their Screen-Free Week initiative.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Central Wisconsin: $1,575 for its one-to-one mentoring programs for Chilton youth.
- Fox Valley Memory Project, Inc: $1,500 for its monthly Memory Cafes and special events.
- Bay-Lakes Council Boy Scouts of America: $1,000 for its Scouting for Food program.
- CHPS-Chilton Middle School: $525 for a mosaic art installation.
What does a Community Foundation do? Glad you asked! Learn more here.