The Chilton Area Community Foundation recently awarded $28,300 in grants from the Chilton Area Community Foundation Fund. Through the annual January competitive grant cycle, eight nonprofit organizations were selected to receive funds to improve the quality of life in the greater Chilton area.
The Chilton Area Community Foundation approved grants to the following nonprofit organizations:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Central Wisconsin: $1,500 to support operational expenses for the School Buddies mentoring program. The school-day program partners high school students with elementary age students in a facilitated setting under professional guidance from Big Brothers Big Sisters staff.
- Brillion Nature Study Center Association: $5,000 to help fund a new stationary boardwalk and marsh platform to be installed just above water level to provide an outdoor classroom for wetland-based programs.
- Chilton Athletic Club: $5,000 to help fund the cost of the grilling structure for the Woelfel Grill Haus Memorial project.
- City of Chilton Fire Department: $4,000 toward the purchase of new wireless tablets to aid in fire inspections, investigations, incident pre-plans, vehicle extraction and apparatus inspections.
- Crossfire Ranch: $2,000 to support the Crossfire Ranch Spurs youth mentoring program. Spurs is an equine-assisted mentoring program for youth and teens who are facing life issues such as abuse, neglect, out-of-home placement, bullying and depression.
- Happy Hour Nursery School of Chilton: $800 to support the purchase of literacy materials for the family lending library.
- LEAVEN, Inc.: $5,000 will provide direct financial assistance for emergency housing and utilities to struggling Chilton households.
- New Hope Center: $5,000 will help toward the construction of a new wheelchair accessible entry way for a group home in Chilton. Plans include relocating a new, wider entry way to the north side of the building with a new concrete ramped sidewalk.
The Chilton Area Community Foundation is one of five geographic affiliates we partner with in the Fox Valley. The others include Brillion Area Family of Funds, Clintonville Area Foundation, Shawano Area Community Foundation and Waupaca Area Community Foundation. The Chilton Area Community Foundation was founded in 2001 with a mission to enhance the quality of life for the people of the greater Chilton area.