Healthy Smiles For All
It’s estimated that there are over 85,000 people in the tri-county area of Northeast Wisconsin who cannot afford even limited oral health care. And according to the Dental Association, about a third of all children in the state of Wisconsin have untreated tooth decay. The dental community wanted to do something about that. For the past two decades, volunteer dentists and dental hygienists have been offering their services free of charge through the Tri-County Community Dental Clinic.
Several years ago, the clinic decided to hit the road, and bring dental care to children in our community who need it the most. and they’re doing it on a bus.
- at 1:56 Jeff Buchta, Executive Director of Tri-County Dental
- at 4:46 Kayla Poxleitner, Hygiene Volunteer Coordinator
- at 12:36 Erin Choudior, Former Program Manager
- at 14:35 Ann Engelhard, Vice President of Donor Services and Gift Planning, Community Foundation
- Loop Post: “New dental clinic on wheels brightens our community – one smile at a time!“
- Tri-County Community Dental Clinic
- Robert Glass Focus on the Children” dental care program
- David L. and Rita E. Nelson Family Fund within the Community Foundation
- How to Create a Charitable Fund at the Community Foundation
- American Dental Association
We’re on the air! Listen on The Avenue 91.9
More ways to connect with us:
Have an idea for our next podcast? Email us your suggestion!