The $40,000 match pledged by 21 Community Foundation donors more than did its job, helping to stimulate $96,220 in contributions on Friday, Dec. 21, for a total of $136,920 given to Salvation Army Fox Cities to help those in need.
The $40,000 commitment in the was the largest match offer the Fox Cities Salvation Army received this year.
“Pretty amazing!” was the reaction from Robb Waugus, director of communications and financial development for the local Salvation Army. He said the money would be used to provide assistance to thousands of individuals in need at Christmas and throughout the year. The kettle collections account for up to 60 percent of the local Salvation Army’s operating budget.
A $5,000 match for red kettle donations in the Brillion area on Dec. 9 from the Robert and Patricia Endries Family Foundation, a supporting organization of the Community Foundation, helped raise an additional $6,726, for a total of $11,726. The donations topped last year’s total by $855, according to Adrianna Hilbelink, director of the Salvation Army in Chilton.
These funds participated in the Fox Cities match:
- DeKeyser Family Fund
- Mona and Hardev (Doug) Dugal Fund
- Fred & Theo Grupe Charitable Fund
- Col. Harold L. and Esther Graef Hamilton Fund
- Joseph and Phyllis Linder Family Fund
- Mel W. and Dal C. Rausch Fund
- Alexander and Lucille Rudolf Family Fund*
- George and Jessie Rushton Charitable Fund
- Salmon Foundation Fund for Salvation Army of the Fox Cities
- Winton A. and Ruth M. Schumaker Fund**
- Helen and John Streur Fund
- Hugo F. and Vera M. Wimmer Family Fund
- Phyllis I. Wormwood Fund
- Elaine A. Ven Rooy and Donald Ristau Fund
- Frances A. Bachman and Joseph F. Bachman Charitable Fund
- Mowry Smith Charitable Fund
- Schmerein Family Fund
- Don and Betty Jabas Fund
- Phil & Marilyn Brockish Family Charitable Fund
- Helen Hardt Family Fund
- Estelle Ray Reid Fund