On any given day there are an average of 350 people who are struggling with homelessness in the Fox Cities. We at the Community Foundation have been working with numerous nonprofit organizations in communities throughout the Fox Valley who are “boots on the ground” to help people who are experiencing homelessness, and they do this with the power of many people who support them through volunteering or through generous donations. One of those nonprofits is Pillars, headquartered in Appleton. In this episode we hear from Joe Mauthe, executive director of Pillars, and we experience what homelessness feels like through the eyes of one young mom who never expected to be without a home.
- Voices From The Valley Podcast – “UNaffordable: Housing Crisis” (Amber’s Story)
- Loop Post: Three are better than one! Agencies merge to better serve the homeless
- Loop Post: Grant helps tell Project RUSH’s story
- Loop Post: Shawano emergency shelter to expand hope, health and housing
- Loop Post: New LIFE Study data shows more people served in emergency shelters
- Loop Post: New shelter offers hope in New London
- Day Resource Center
- ALICE Report
- Life Study
- Project RUSH (Research to Understand and Solve Homelessness),
- Unaffordable: No Place to Call Home – New News Lab
- Amber’s Story: Lack of affordable housing is crimping lives, economy – New News Lab
We’re on the air! Listen on The Avenue 91.9
More ways to connect with us:
Have an idea for our next podcast? Email us your suggestion!