In this episode we revisit the fascinating story of how one small town in our area, Gresham Wisconsin, is making dreams come true for its youth. In a town of fewer than 600 people, that means a lot. For the past 21 years, young people graduating from Gresham High School have been given an opportunity to pursue their dreams. And it’s all because people in Gresham and its surrounding neighbors have decided that its young people are worth investing in. Listen to how an incredible community initiative has come about, giving Gresham residents a chance to build a treasure for their next generations.
- at 2:24 Meet Mindy Hoffman, Gresham grad and Physical Therapist.
- at 9:19 Alex Aschenbrener, Gresham Student.
- at 13:16 Debbie Schroeder Fisher comes full circle.
- Read about the Gresham Scholarship opportunity and (for students) apply here.
- If you would like to help with the second $1 million, mail a check to GSF, P.O. Box 102, Gresham, 54128. Or donate online.
- Read more about the Shawano Area Community Foundation.
- A small town with a generous heart for its youth – WSAW-TV
- A degree of $uccess: Gresham Scholarship Fund, which gives all seniors an opportunity to receive a scholarship, reaches $1 million – Spectrum News
- Gresham Scholarship Fund reaches $1 million, students can get $3,250 – WFRV-TV
More ways to connect with us:
Have an idea for our next podcast? Email us your suggestion!