A special recreational fund within the Clintonville Area Foundation will provide a $5,000 grant for a new scoreboard at the Clintonville Recreation Center Pool, along with $14,000 in grants the CAF awarded to six charitable organizations serving the Clintonville area.
The Clintonville Area Swim Team was presented with the $5,000 grant from the Clintonville Area Recreational Endowment Fund, held within the CAF family of funds, this morning at a grant distribution celebration at the Living Room Coffee Shop in Clintonville. The fund is designated for projects associated with the recreation center and its activities. CAF is a regional family of funds within the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region.
“The Foundation’s mission to enhance and improve the social, cultural, educational, health and general well being of the people in the Clintonville area was well served with these grants,” said Connie Carpenter, who chairs the Advisory Board of the Clintonville Area Foundation. “We are happy to award these grants to benefit our community.”
Eligible nonprofit organizations submitted grant requests through the Foundation’s annual competitive process. The Foundation’s volunteer Grants Committee members recommend grant recipients to the Advisory Board for approval.
The following grants were approved:
- Clintonville Area Swim Team – $5,000 toward the purchase of a new scoreboard for the Clintonville Recreation Center pool.
- CESA 8 – $1,250 to sponsor two Clintonville-area teachers in the CESA 8 Career Academy Teacher Externship program.
- Clintonville Area Ambulance Service – $1,250 to provide supplies for a flu vaccine clinic to provide free flu shots to local residents.
- Clintonville Goodfellows Association – $1,000 to purchase food and gifts for children for the annual Goodfellows holiday distribution.
- Clintonville Police Department – $3,000 to fund the purchase, training and care of a K-9 patrol in the City of Clintonville after the unexpected loss of former K-9, Chero.
- Clintonville Public Schools-Rexford Longfellow Elementary – $3,000 to provide a class set of heart rate monitors to be used by students in grades K-4 to help them get excited about and better understand their personal fitness.
- Navarino Nature Center – $2,000 to create a natural playscape area at the nature center for young children to explore nature, their imagination and senses.
- Safe Haven Domestic Abuse Support Center – $2,500 to support the costs of furnishing a bedroom and the installation of new security equipment as part of a building expansion.
To learn more about the Foundation, visit www.ClintonvilleFoundation.org, write P.O. Box 244, Clintonville, WI 54929, or call (920) 830-1290.
Established in 1995, the Clintonville Area Foundation’s mission is to enhance and improve the social, cultural, educational, health and general well-being of people in the Clintonville area. In 2000, it became a geographic affiliate of the Appleton, WI-based Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region. Since 2000, the CAF has awarded over $400,000 in grants from charitable and scholarship funds created within the CAF by individuals and families. Learn more at www.ClintonvilleFoundation.org.