Imagine your family starting life over in a new country where everything from the education to the language to the food and the people are different. In this episode, we continue our conversation about the challenges of resettling here in the Fox Valley from other countries, and we’re referencing our newest neighbors coming here from Afghanistan and starting a new life. (Listen to Part I: Welcoming our Afghan Neighbors) What can we learn from past groups of refugees and immigrants who’ve settled here? To find out, we wanted to look back at the interesting parallels between this recent wave of Afghan newcomers and Hmong refugees coming to our community starting 40 years ago.
- Loop Post: Welcoming Afghan Neighbors to the Fox Valley
- Loop Post: Pop-up vaccination clinics support Hmong community
- Loop Post: Hmong exhibit explores what it means to belong
- US 2 Behavioral Health Care
- Appleton Public Library Hmong Resource Center
- Finding Miss Pa Ja
- Long Cheng Marketplace
We’re on the air! Listen on The Avenue 91.9
More ways to connect with us:
Have an idea for our next podcast? Email us your suggestion!