Rent: Finding Home
There’s a shortage of more than 119,000 rental housing units in Wisconsin, according to the National Low Income Housing Coalition. It says that a typical Wisconsin household needs to make a combined annual income of almost $36 thousand dollars to afford a two-bedroom rental home.
The AppletonHousing Authority’s programs are making a positive impact in our communities, through its Section 8 voucher program as well as other programs assisting the elderly and veterans. We spoke with renters, landlords, and the Housing Authority to learn how these programs are inspiring and supporting participants to become financially independent.
- Loop Post – Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs celebrate expanded facility
- Loop Post – Voices of Men Encourages Action to Stop Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
- Appleton Housing Authority
- Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
- For Landlords
- Wisconsin Housing Authority
- Winnebago Housing Authority
- National Low Income Housing Coalition
- ALICE Report
- Life Study
- New News Lab: Stacey’s Story
We’re on the air! Listen on The Avenue 91.9
More ways to connect with us:
Have an idea for our next podcast? Email us your suggestion!