“Period Poverty” is a startling reality in the Fox Valley. Did you know that a lack of access to menstrual health products can cause students with periods to miss or be late to class, or feel anxious about period care? Menstrual products are expensive in the U.S., which makes it difficult for people, especially teens, to afford period products. Instead, they may rely on what is supplied by school districts and stored within a school clinic or school nurse’s office.
The Monthlies Project is a new initiative in the Fox Valley aimed at providing menstrual health products to school-aged students and bringing awareness to the issue of period poverty and the educational inequity it creates.
- The Monthlies Project Is Committed To Ending Period Poverty In The Fox Valley
- CVS Launches “HERe, Healthier Happens Together”
- The Monthlies Project is Committed to Ending Period Poverty in the Fox Cities
- Local organizations get proactive ahead of area tampon shortage
- DONATE to The Monthlies Project
- Women’s Fund of the Fox Valley
- The Monthlies Project website
- State of the Period: The Widespread Impact of Period Poverty on US Students
- Feeding America
- Fox Communities Credit Union
- The Boldt Company
- Coalesce Marketing and Design
- Kimberly-Clark North America
- U by Kotex®
We’re on the air! Listen on The Avenue 91.9
More ways to connect with us:
Have an idea for our next podcast? Email us your suggestion!