We love this busy time of the year at the Community Foundation! There are so many giving opportunities to strengthen the communities in the Fox Valley region with charitable gifts, and many organizations are offering to double the impact of your donations by offering dollar-for-dollar matches:
Matching Gift Opportunities:
- Apricity: All donations will be matched dollar for dollar up to $15,000 through January 15, 2022.
- Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass: All donations will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $80,000 through January 30, 2022.
- Boys & Girls Club of the Fox Valley: All donations will be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to $100,000, through December 31.
- Bletzinger Rehabilitation House: A $5,000 matching grant from J.J. Keller is a challenge grant to match new and increased gifts 1-to-1 with a maximum match of $1,000 per donor, to support people with mental health and drug & alcohol addiction challenges transitioning toward independent living. Through December 7.
- Brillion Nature Center is looking for a donor to match donations made on Giving Tuesday up to $5,000 Deadline for Match/Challenge: November 30
- Brillion/Salvation Army of Calumet County Red Kettle Match: The Robert & Patricia Endries Family Foundation will match up to $10,000 for donations at Tadych’s Family Foods in Brillion on December 4 and December 11.
- Building for Kids Children’s Museum: A $10,000 match for gifts to Childhood is Essential Campaign, sponsored by the Bright Idea Fund within the Community Foundation, December 1 through December 31.
- CASA of the Fox Cities: CASA will match dollar-for-dollar up to $15,000 from the Theda & Tamblin Clark Smith Family Foundation through December 31.
- Cap Services: A 1-to-1 match for donations and fundraising dollars up to $10,000 through December 31.
- COTS, Inc.: All contributions to COTS Transitional Shelters will have twice the impact thanks to the generosity of a $50,000 matching gift challenge from the J. J. Keller Foundation and the U.S. Venture/Schmidt Family Foundation. Through December 31.
- Greater Fox Cities Habitat Area for Humanity: All donations received will be matched dollar for dollar up to $50,000 through December 31.
- Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs: A $35,000 Matching Gift Challenge. Every one-time donation will be matched 1-to-1, all current monthly gifts that are increased will be matched 2-to-1, and all-new monthly gifts will be matched 3-to-1 through December 31.
- Heckrodt Wetland Reserve: All donations through December 31 will be matched dollar-for dollar-by Heckrodt’s Board of Directors up to $7,000.
- Jake’s Network of Hope: All donations to Jake’s Network of Hope received On Giving Tuesday (November 30) will be doubled up to $10,000 from GlobalGiving.
- Kathy’s House Hospital Guest House: All donations to the capital campaign to fund the “New Home for Healing” will be matched 1-to-1 through December 31.
- LEAVEN: A group of LEAVEN donors will match donations to LEAVEN’s endowment fund dollar-for-dollar up to $35,000 through December 31.
- Life Tools Foundation: All donations will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $5,000 throughout the day on Giving Tuesday, November 30.
- NEWCAP, Inc All donations will be matched dollar-for-dollar through December 31.
- New Community Shelter: All donations will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $50,000 November 15 through December 31.
- Pillars: All year-end donations made between Nov. 26 and December 25 will be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to $30,000 total, thanks to a matching gift from SECURA Insurance.
- Safe Haven: Donations made to CoVantage Cares and marked for Safe Haven will be matched 1-to-1. Mail to CoVantage Cares Foundation, PO Box 394, Shawano WI 54166 between December 1 – 15.
- Tri-County Community Dental: All donations will be doubled up to $125,000 through December 31.
- Us 2 Behavioral Health Care Inc.: Dollar-for-dollar match for donations and fundraising dollars up to $20,000 generated by December 31.
- YMCA of the Fox Cities: All donations received from November 23rd to November 30 will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $5,000 to support membership fees, tuition assistance for swimming lessons, growth and development for ALL children, child care for families, and patients recovering from cancer.
Would you like to make a year-end gift using your fund at the Community Foundation? Talk with your Donor Services contact and make your gift before our recommended December 20 deadline to ensure your transaction is processed by the end of the year.
Doubling impact with Red Kettles
Our Community Foundation Salvation Army – Fox Cities’ Match Day on November 19 kicked off the Red Kettle season in the Fox Valley, with our highest match amount to date: $51,000, thanks to many generous donors with funds at the Community Foundation who made this possible. We’ve listed them below. We’re waiting to find out how much was raised this year, and we’ll post the results here soon.
Last year we raised $42,168 thanks to donors who made the annual dollar-for-dollar match. It was the largest match day of the Red Kettle campaign in the Fox Cities in 2020!
These red kettle donations will be used by the Salvation Army to provide year-round services such as its daily meal program, food pantry, transitional housing, and rent/utility assistance. The organization also provides toys, food baskets, and gifts to families in need at Christmas.
The Brillion Area Family of Funds, our regional affiliate partner, also has a Red Kettle Match happening in December, thanks to the Robert & Patricia Endries Family Foundation. All donations up to $10,000 at Tadych’s Family Foods on December 4 and December 11 will be matched dollar-for-dollar.
A huge thanks to the donors connected to the 19 funds that combined their gifts to make a difference in our community in the year ahead! We want to recognize who contributed to the 2021 Red Kettle Match Day to make our November 19th event possible:
- DeKeyser Family Fund
- Ellen J. and Warren E. Franzke Fund
- Ellen J. and Warren E. Franzke Fund II
- Fred & Theo Grupe Charitable Fund
- Col. Harold L. and Esther Graef Hamilton Fund
- Helen Hardt Family Fund
- Griffith and Lois Howell Family Charitable Fund
- Quentin Kuenzli Charitable Fund
- Joseph and Phyllis Linder Family Fund
- Mel W. and Dal C. Rausch Fund
- Estelle Ray Reid Fund
- Alexander and Lucille Rudolf Family Fund
- George and Jessie Rushton Charitable Fund
- Salmon Foundation Fund for Salvation Army of the Fox Cities
- Winton A. and Ruth M. Schumaker Fund
- SECURA Insurance Companies Charitable Fund
- Helen and John Streur Fund
- Hugo F. and Vera M. Wimmer Family Fund
- Phyllis I. Wormwood Fund