The Shawano Area Community Foundation has awarded $18,500 in grants through its annual competitive grant cycle to 11 nonprofit organizations to improve the quality of life in Shawano and the surrounding area!
The grant money includes a gift of $2,500 to the Gresham School District for its accessible playground project and another $2,500 to SAM25 to purchase a printer, scanner and other supplies.
“We are grateful for our nonprofit partners in Shawano County and their commitment to our community,” says Todd Swedberg, Shawano Area Community Foundation Board Member and Grants Committee Chair. “They improve our quality of life, and the Shawano Area Community Foundation is proud to support the impactful work of these organizations.”
In addition, the Shawano Area Community Foundation approved these grants from its annual competitive grant program:
- Safe Haven: $2,000 to help fund technology updates.
- Flo’ing with Kindness: $2,000 for its buy local, buy fresh initiative.
- Bridge the Gap: $2,000 for its Teen/Adult Living Skills Program.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Shawano County: $1,500 to support the Shawano County Youth Mentoring Program.
- Boys and Girls Club of Shawano: $1,500 to support programming.
- Lutheran Counseling & Family Services of Wisconsin: $1,500 to support its mental health and addiction counseling services.
- Exceptional Equestrians: $1,500 to support its Mental Health Matters program.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin: $1,000 to sponsor a room, which provides Shawano County families a place to stay while their children are being treated at a partner hospital.
- Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes: $1,000 to support its leadership experiences.
- The FRESH Project: $1,000 to support its $5 Token Program for the Shawano Farmers Market.
The Shawano Area Community Foundation was established in 1990 by and for the people of the area to improve the quality of life in Shawano and the surrounding area. It is one of five geographic affiliates we partner with in the Fox Valley. Our other partners include Brillion Area Family of Funds, Chilton Area Community Foundation, Clintonville Area Foundation, and Waupaca Area Community Foundation.