Attendees ham it up at last year’s Celebrating Volunteers annual gala event!
The 2020 Celebrating Volunteers awardees have been selected! Each year we celebrate the people in the Fox Valley who go above and beyond to help make the community a better place with their gifts of time.
Volunteer awards in six categories will be presented to the winners during the 23rd Celebrating Volunteers community gala April 21, 2020, in downtown Appleton. The Community Foundation and NBC26 sponsor the event.
Individual registrations can be purchased for $35. A table of 10 may be reserved for $350. A limited number of complimentary reservations are available for local nonprofits who wish to honor and bring their organization’s volunteer of the year. Registration deadline is Monday, April 13.
Registration is now open:
Six sponsoring organizations and local businesses will recognize a category of volunteering that helps make the Fox Cities a great place to live.
Here are the 2020 Celebrating Volunteers winners:
- Justice Moore — Youth Scholarship Award sponsored by Community First Credit Union
- Walter Zerrenner — Paul & Elaine Groth Mentoring Award sponsored by the Mielke Family Foundation
- Chad Kazel — Janet Berry Volunteer of the Year Award sponsored by the Amcor
- Betsy Rachubinski — Health Care Volunteer Award sponsored by Ascension and ThedaCare
- Mary Beth Nienhaus — Walter L. Rugland Community Service Award sponsored by Thrivent
- Capital Credit Union / Pillars — Business Partnership of the Year Award sponsored by SECURA
Awards include $5,000 for charity. The youth award recipient receives $1,000 for charity and a $1,500 scholarship. Since the event started in 1998, award sponsors have given $722,000 to local charities selected by their award recipients.
The Celebrating Volunteers gala event honors the volunteer spirit of Paul and Elaine Groth of Appleton, who died in an automobile accident in 1997. In addition to NBC26, media sponsors include WHBY radio and The Post Crescent.