Fox Cities residents have moved from the garden harvest to a harvest of generosity as The Post-Crescent and its sister newspapers statewide launched their annual Stock the Shelves donation drive Sunday.
The Community Foundation assist the campaign by taking online donations at www.cffoxvalley.org/stocktheshelves and distributing grants to the participating food pantries from the Post-Crescent Community Fund, which the Foundation manages among our 1,430 charitable funds.
Stock the Shelves runs through Nov. 19. The goal for this year is $200,000 locally and $527,000 statewide at the 10 USA Today Network-Wisconsin newspapers. Stock the Shelves started at The Post-Crescent in 1995 and expanded statewide in 2010. It has raised $4 million for local food pantries statewide in that time.
Newspaper employees worked with Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin to distribute more than 12,000 pounds of food Thursday to kick off the campaign.
Food pantries included in the Fox Cities Stock the Shelves drive are these:
- Ruth’s Pantry
- Cornerstone Church
- Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry (Kaukauna)
- ATC Storehouse
- Christian Food Pantry
- Salvation Army Fox Cities
- Waupaca Area Food Pantry
- Matthew 25:35
- Freedom Center Food Pantry
- Marion Area Food Pantry
- Clintonville Area Food Pantry
- Freedom Food Pantry
- Weymont Food Pantry
- Manawa Area Communities Food Pantry
- Double Portion Food Pantry
- Salvation Army Chilton
- Saint Vincent de Paul New Holstein
- St. John’s Food Pantry
- St Mary/St John Saint Vincent de Paul Food Pantry
- St. Joseph Food Pantry
- Young Community
- Seymour Community Food Pantry
- New Holstein Food Pantry
- Heart of the Valley Food Pantry