The Northeast Wisconsin Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals is celebrating philanthropy with an awards banquet and daylong educational event at Liberty Hall and Conference Center in Kimberly.
The Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region is a sponsor, along with the community foundations on Green Bay and Oshkosh.
These individuals are being recognized at the activities:
- Outstanding Philanthropist: Patricia Exarhos, a board member for the Appleton Public Library, LEAVEN and the American Red Cross – Northeast Wisconsin and formerly the Women’s Fund of the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region.
- Outstanding Fundraising Professional: Amy Barker, executive director of Future Neenah.
- Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation: Bergstrom Automotive. The Fox Cities-based car dealership company is known for its philanthropic works, particularly its support for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Outstanding Fundraising Volunteer: Wayne (Bud) Wieting, of the Wieting Family Funeral Home in Chilton and Kiel. He is a leader at his church, board chair for the Calumet Medical Center in Chilton, an active volunteer with the Boy Scouts and a former volunteer firefighter and inspector.
- Outstanding Lifetime Philanthropy: Bernard and Alyce Dahlin of Green Bay, dedicated supporters of UW-Green Bay athletics.
- Youth in Philanthropy: Riley Garbe, an after-school teacher at the YMCA in Green Bay.
National Philanthropy Day (Nov. 15) was established by a declaration signed by President Ronald Reagan in 1986. It is described as a time reflect on the meaning of giving and all that it has made possible.
Read our annual Report to the Community at www.cffoxvalley.org/CommunityReport.