Candice Zehner taught middle school students about valuing themselves through her “True Beauty” Program. David Bond ran a support group for victims of brain tumors. Sue Kinde earned the nickname “the Mother of the Fox Cities Trail System.” Robert Bertschausen worked hard to make diversity a reason for celebration.
The staff at Aerotek has donated more than 800 volunteer hours to St. Joseph Food Program, Lesanne Bohannon and Cindy Buchta invented the tutoring program “Rally ‘Round Reading,” Jim Hieks has kept people singing in harmony for 35 years, and John Bergstrom was the force behind the fund-raising for the Menasha Boys’ and Girls’ Club.
Think hard and you’ll discover that you know someone who belongs in this group. You can let that be known to the Fox Valley community by nominating him or her for the 2016 Celebrating Our Volunteers awards. The application isn’t very long and getting letters of support is no problem for volunteers like these.
The categories are:
- Youth Scholarship Award
- Health Care Volunteer Award
- Paul and Elaine Groth Mentoring Award
- Walter L. Rugland Community Service Award
- Business Partnership of the Year Award
- Daniel P. Spalding Volunteer Educator Award
- Hanns Kretschmar Award for Excellence in the Arts
- Janet Berry Volunteer of the Year Award
The deadline is Feb. 11 and the nomination form is at www.celebratevolunteers.org.