Nonprofit Leadership Initiative Executive Director and Board Member Forum: Fundraising
5 N Systems Dr
Appleton, WI 54914
AM Session for Board Members 7:30 – 9:00 am
PM Session for Executive Directors 3:30 – 5:30 pm
Fundraising in the new age, for those that aren’t really fundraising people.
We are offering two round table discussions. You will be able to attend both if interested.
1) Grant writing isn’t rocket science…or is it?
- Community Foundation for the Fox Valley staff will walk you through the grant planning stages, which surprisingly should come first before you embark on the actual grant writing. Do you have the tools, correct information and skills to tackle a successful grant process?
- If you are an executive director, you should find out what the “planning” part means for yourself, and for your development staff and board members.
- If you are a board member, you should learn what happens next after you tell your ED to “just write a grant for that”.
2) My board/ My executive director doesn’t know how to ask for money.
- Greg Linnemanstons will tell you that “You don’t always have to ask for money to be a successful fundraiser!”
- How about using your current forms of social media to simply share what you are passionate about?
- And that means if you don’t have a LinkedIn profile, you need to get one, to share information about your nonprofit engagement with the community. And make sure your executive director and all of the staff have a LinkedIn profile also.