What We Fund
We offer Discovery grants for the situations that require special planning, such as:
- Strategic planning processes to prepare for organizational change, expansion, or partnerships to fulfill missions more effectively.
- Bringing organizations together to address an important community issue related to our focus areas and priorities.
Range of grantmaking: Consultant or facilitator expenses typically up to $5,000.
Deadline: Discovery grants are awarded year-round by working directly with our staff.
What We Don’t Fund
- Routine strategic planning. The Community Foundation believes all organizations should undertake regular planning, and build those costs into operating budgets.
- General operating expenses that are not directly related to the project or initiative.
- Salary support for pre-existing positions.
- Feasibility studies or other major capital project or capital campaign planning.
- Previously incurred expenses.
- Full cost of planning project or process.
- Rent or facility expenses, food or other related costs.
- Organizations working through fiscal sponsors.
- Organizational planning for new nonprofit organizations.
To apply: Contact Tammy (Williams) Geenen at 920-702-7634 or [email protected].
Want to learn how to make your grant successful? Check out our grant workshops.
Questions? Visit our Bright Idea Fund FAQ page.