The Basic Needs Giving Partnership has transitioned to a single nonprofit organization that will leverage the region’s collective impact, voice, and experience by centralizing and coordinating initiatives and activities including grantmaking to support the people and places advancing equity and economic well-being for everyone in Northeast Wisconsin. We will continue to partner with nonprofits and local community foundations to embrace shared values of trust and collaboration, curiosity and learning, and equity with a systems-based approach.
What will stay the same:
- Basic Needs Giving Partnership funding will continue to support local organizations across Northeast Wisconsin.
- If your organization currently has an active multi-year Basic Needs Giving Partnership grant, those funds will continue to be disbursed via your local community foundation for the duration of the grant period.
- General operating support grants will continue to be provided.
What will change
- New grants will be administered through the new centralized regional Basic Needs Giving Partnership.
- Grant applications will be accepted April 1 through May 15 with funding decisions announced by the end of June.
- The grant guidelines, released by late January, will focus on a specific element of our new strategic framework.
- Grant awards during the June grant cycle will be one year in duration.
- Grant decisions will be made by a committee that will include current community foundation representatives serving as local advisors to the committee.
Read the full communication about this 2023 transition here. More updates to come.
Community Engagement Manager