We love this busy time of the year at the Community Foundation! There are so many giving opportunities to strengthen the communities in the Fox Valley region with charitable gifts, and we’re tracking quite a few of them. Many organizations are offering to double the impact of your donations by offering dollar-for-dollar matches.
Matching Gift Opportunities:
- Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass: A $20,000 matching gift (Provided by the Roger and Lynn Van Vreede Charitable Fund within the Community Foundation) for donations received through Dec. 31.
- Boys & Girls Club of the Fox Valley – Change a Child’s Life 1:1 match up to $100,000 through Dec. 31.
- The Building for Kids: A dollar-for-dollar match up to $25,000 for all donations received through January 31.
- Catalpa Health – 1:1 match up to $10,000 (provided by the Les and Dar Stumpf Family Fund within the Community Foundation), to the Catalpa Cares Fund through Dec. 31.
- CoVantage Cares Foundation: Bridge the Gap, Inc. in Shawano CASA of the Fox Cities are among designated nonprofits for matching gifts up to $150,000 received through Dec. 17.
- Fox Valley Memory Project – A match up to $10,000 for donations received through Dec. 31.
- Friends of Appleton Public Library: a $25,000 matching gift through Dec. 31.
- Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs – “3, 2, 1 $100,000 Matching Challenge,” received through Dec. 31. (All new monthly gifts will be matched three times the amount given; all monthly donors who increase their gift will be matched two-to-one and all one-time gifts will be matched dollar for dollar.)
- Pillars: 1:1 match up to $30,000 through SECURA, through Dec. 8th, followed by a monthly recurring gift match from the J. J. Keller Foundation through March 10.
- Trout Museum of Art: A $20,000 matching gift (Provided by the Roger and Lynn Van Vreede Charitable Fund within the Community Foundation) for donations received through Jan. 31.
- Youth Go: A 10,000 matching gift (provided by an anonymous donor within the Community Foundation), through Dec. 31.
Doubling impact with Red Kettles
- Salvation Army Red Kettle Match – Brillion: The Robert & Patricia Endries Family Fund within the Brillion Area Family of Funds will match up to $7,500 for donations at Tadych’s Family Foods on Dec. 7.
- Salvation Army, Calumet County: A match up to $7,500 for donations received December 7-14.
- Salvation Army’s Community Foundation Red Kettle Match Days – Fox Cities: The Community Foundation and generous gifts from 20 of our funds (see below) will offer a dollar-for-dollar match up to $34,000 for gifts received on Dec. 20.
We’re celebrating and encouraging everyone to join our Community Foundation Salvation Army – Fox Cities’ Match Day on December 20. We’ll match donations collected that day throughout the Fox Cities dollar for dollar, up to $34,000, thanks to many generous donors with funds at the Community Foundation who made this possible. We’ve listed them below.
Last year we raised $72,316.43, thanks to donors who made the annual dollar-for-dollar match. It was the largest match day of the Red Kettle campaign in the Fox Cities in 2018!
“We’re happy to help so many people who want to leverage grant dollars from their charitable funds with the Community Foundation to provide this significant match amount at the red kettles,” said Curt Detjen, President and CEO of the Community Foundation. “It’s one example of how the Foundation helps its donors share in a way that can inspire others to give and make a positive difference, too.”
These red kettle donations will be used by the Salvation Army to provide year-round services such as its daily meal program, food pantry, transitional housing, and rent/utility assistance. The organization also provides toys, food baskets, and gifts to families in need at Christmas.
Finally, a huge thanks to the donors connected to the 20 funds that combined their gifts to make a difference in our community in the year ahead! We want to recognize who contributed to the 2019 Red Kettle Match Day to make our December 20th event possible:
- Phil & Marilyn Brockish Family Charitable Fund
- DeKeyser Family Fund
- Col. Harold L. and Esther Graef Hamilton Fund
- Fred & Theo Grupe Charitable Fund
- Griffith and Lois Howell Family Charitable Fund
- Donald & Laura Kleist Family Fund
- Quentin Kuenzli Charitable Fund
- Joseph and Phyllis Linder Family Fund
- Dr. Gilbert and Barbara Mueller Family Fund
- Mel W. and Dal C. Rausch Fund
- Estelle Ray Reid Fund
- Alexander and Lucille Rudolf Family Fund
- George and Jessie Rushton Charitable Fund
- Salmon Foundation Fund for Salvation Army of the Fox Cities
- Winton A. and Ruth M. Schumaker Fund
- SECURA Insurance Companies Charitable Fund
- Helen and John Streur Fund
- Elaine A. Ven Rooy and Donald Ristau Fund
- Hugo F. and Vera M. Wimmer Family Fund
- Phyllis I. Wormwood Fund