Friday is a big day for us at the Community Foundation and for the Fox Valley. Several of our charitable funds are making it possible for us to offer a dollar-for-dollar match up to $36,000 for the Salvation Army – Fox Cities’ Match Day December 21. It’s the largest match day of the Red Kettle campaign in the Fox Cities this year!
“We are happy to help so many people who want to leverage grant dollars from their charitable funds with the Community Foundation to provide this significant match amount at the red kettles,” said Curt Detjen, President and CEO of the Community Foundation. “It’s one example of how the Foundation helps its donors share in a way that can inspire others to give and make a positive difference, too.”
UPDATE: YOU DID IT! $72,316.43 RAISED!
These red kettle donations will be used by the Salvation Army to provide year-round services such as its daily meal program, food pantry, transitional housing, and rent/utility assistance. The organization also provides toys, food baskets, and gifts to families in need at Christmas.
A huge thanks to the donors connected to the 21 funds that combined their gifts to make a difference in our community. We want to recognize who contributed:
- Anonymous (1)
- Phil & Marilyn Brockish Family Charitable Fund
- DeKeyser Family Fund
- William and Alice Faubel
- John and Ann Gillen Family Fund
- Col. Harold L. and Esther Graef Hamilton Fund
- Fred & Theo Grupe Charitable Fund
- Helen Hardt Family Fund
- Griffith and Lois Howell Family Charitable Fund
- Quentin Kuenzli Charitable Fund
- Joseph and Phyllis Linder Family Fund
- Mel W. and Dal C. Rausch Fund
- Estelle Ray Reid Fund
- Alexander and Lucille Rudolf Family Fund
- George and Jessie Rushton Charitable Fund
- Salmon Foundation Fund for Salvation Army of the Fox Cities
- Schmerein Family Fund
- Winton A. and Ruth M. Schumaker Fund
- Helen and John Streur Fund
- Hugo F. and Vera M. Wimmer Family Fund
- Phyllis I. Wormwood Fund
If you happen to be at the Fox River Mall this Friday, say hello to our Community Foundation staff members ringing those red kettle bells! We’ll be outside of the Macy’s entrance.